The estate map of 1856 shows that he owned most of the farmland in Brook.  He is recorded as the man who first brought foxes to the Isle of Wight. George Humber who lived and worked in Brook knows by heart a rhyme about Fenwick which concludes with the line....’the parson who sold the common land.

He also appears to have been vicar of the parish of Blidworth, near Charles Seely’s home at Mansfield, Nottinghamshire: 

"Blidworth, 5 miles south-south-east of Mansfield, is a large village and parish, pleasantly situated upon an eminence, surrounded by some of the beautiful sylvan scenery of Sherwood Forest. Its parish is in the liberty of Southwell and Scrooby, and comprises 1,398 inhabitants and 5,350 acres of land, including Blidworth Dale and Rainworth, which latter gives name to the forest rivulet that rises near Robin Hood's Hills. The principal owners are Jonathan Hardcastle Esq., Sir Edward Walker Bart., Francis Hall Esq., John Clarke Esq., John Barber Esq., Mr William Heath, Mr John Bailey, Mr James Wilson and Mr John Marriott, and several small freeholders.

The church is a neat structure, with a tower and three bells, and was partly rebuilt in the early part of the last century. It was also greatly enlarged and beautified in 1839, when the old chancel was taken down, and the tower raised about five feet, and in 1850 it was newly painted. The vicarage, valued in the King's books at £3 17s 6d, now £188, is annexed to the vicarage of Oxton. The Archbishop of York is lord of the manor, and the two prebendaries of Oxton are the appropriators. The Rev. Collingwood Fenwick is the incumbent, and the Rev. john Porter M.A. is the curate. All the tithes were commuted for allotments at the enclosure in 1809."

[White's "Directory of Nottinghamshire," 1853]