In 1870 heating was added in the form of a coal stove. In 1906 a village row erupted when the stove was no longer lit on Saturday but early on Sunday morning. Mrs Renwick, widow of the previous rector and daughter of Charles Seely, stopped going to church and a petition signed by seventeen of the parishioners was presented to the churchwardens. By the end of February 1906 the trouble was over and the stove was lit on Saturdays once more.